Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year

Photobucket So as we are nearing the end of another beautiful year, (and jord has the camera) i thought i would write a wee update and put up our year in images, i know ive posted most of them before, but this really is how we have spent the past year.

we have moved 4 times
been to 18 places over 2 continents
spent 13 weeks apart
have had 9 different jobs
changed our plans more times than i care to remember
and have loved (almost:)) every minute of it.

For me when i look back these are the highlights, im sure if Jord was here he would have more and differnt ones, but month by month, this is what i remember and what i loved.

JANUARY- I loved living in Salt Lake, i loved walking to and from work through the city, i loved our beautiful ward and bishop. i loved the friends we made there, and the temple lights!

FEBRUARY-  I loved how happy the snow made jordan, the amount of work he was able to get because of the snow. I loved working at blockbuster :) and watching movies and talking about movies ALL the time. i loved being with Family.

MARCH- I loved the warmer weather! it felt like spring, i loved exploring Salt Lake, finding cool new places and feeling like a tourist most days, i loved the scones and Jam at Ruths, and the blue plate diner, i loved the seattle girls trip! getting to spend time with all of the inspiring women i get to call sister-in-laws.

APRIL- i loved HAWAII! i loved watching two of my dearest friends graduate from school and re-uniting with so many more. i loved showing and sharing it with Jordan, BYUH changed my life and it was amazing to share it with jord, it was a place of joy and healing.

MAY- we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. its funny, some days it feels like i dont know where the time has gone, and others i cant believe its only been 2 years.... but most of all i love that somehow, even from the opposite sides of the world, jord and I found each other.

JUNE - i loved Houston! I loved the girls, and the pool and AC! I loved watching jord play baseball, I loved teaching swimming, i loved planning our future, and watching copious amounts of tv. but most of all i loved the SUN!

JULY- i still loved Houston, it did get a wee bit hot, ill admit, but hey it was a welcome change from snow, i loved being able to visit Virginia, and spend time with the Harts, i really do love ALL of our Family, its big and messy and beautiful and i love it

AUGUST- I moved back to NZ, this was very bittersweet, I loved coming home, but i missed Jordan, i loved seeing and really spending time with my family, it had been years and i didnt really know how much i missed them till i got here. they define me and i love them. 

SEPTEMBER- I missed jordan some more.... but worked and worked and worked, i love my job and i love watching movies, i love learning something new. i worked on getting my Art School folio together and submitted. i loved reconnecting with old friends and i learnt to love skype!

OCTOBER- i loved having Jordan arrive! i loved showing him all of the fun places and things i had already fallen in love with, i loved being with my best friend.

NOVEMBER- i  still loved working, jordan loved skating, i loved coming home to have had jordan clean the house and do the dishes and laundry! i loved learning to cook with him in out perfect tiny old house!

DECEMBER- i love the sun, i have loved again, fully applying myself to life again, to be working, and progressing, and again, sad to be without Jordan... im not sure why we thought it was a good idea, but we will figure it out. i loved having a summer christmas! eating breakfast outside and going fro a christmas afternoon walk! :)

I feel so blessed for so many things, and forgive me for going on and on, but i am really trying to remember all of the beautiful things we have been given. it has also been quite a hard year, we have worked through a lot, but I am excited for all that next year has to bring.

I hope it is full of all the best things for you all.

xoxoxo Sasha.









1 comment:

  1. Loved your post. We missed having you in Utah this year. Hopefully soon we will see you again. You are missed by all of us.

    ReplyDelete